Sunday, January 13, 2008

"leave britney alone!"






I don't usually care much about celebrity news- still don't, really. I don't write about it, either. I was looking over my google homepage news today though, and I couldn't help myself. A few months ago I watched that over-the-top YouTube video with the teenager's melodramatic soliloquy about leaving Britney Spears alone- it was funny and a little frightening, but I have to agree. The media needs to quit invading her privacy- she has the same kind of problems thousands of people in the U.S. have, only to be exacerbated by all the media attention clocking her every move. There are a lot more important things going on in the world, people! So, I say it, too. Leave Britney alone! This all is getting very old and very lame.



In other thoughts, after some observation of ..others.. here's my personal goal for the upcoming year (I resist calling it a new year's resolution.... but okay, fine, it is): When going above and beyond is unnecessary and I'm overwhelmed by too much to do, I will resist being a perfectionist and just cut some things out. I'm not God, I'm not some kind of Superman, I'm just me. Overdoing it to prove to who(??) that I'm enough will only make me bitter and unhappy and tired. That is not the kind of life we're called to live.

No comments:

BBC News | News Front Page | UK Edition

Add to Technorati Favorites